Saturday, November 22, 2014

Being THE mom sucks sometimes...

okay it sucks being mom most of the time but seriously....
I've been sick the past couple of days and yes I'm going to whine about it right now.
I am a chronic pain sufferer and most days I continue on despite the pain and agony I am in. I don't expect my kids or anyone else for that matter to give me props for that.

But the past couple of days have been awful and I was literally bed ridden. In that time I would expect a little help and respect. NONE was given. NONE. On either front.
The dishes continued to pile up and not one person could be bothered to wash one single dish. Now I don't necessarily expect Jay, who is working 2 jobs, to come home and wash dishes. But I would think that one or two of the very capable kids could wash a few dishes. Nope. Not a single one. 

Add to that, the 8 year olds just took the "mommy is not constantly watching us" thing to mean lets play with and break all of mommy's stuff. Like literally even down to my crappy free pen from the lawyers office. Seriously even my pen?? What the hell is that bullshit?
 I will whine about this till the cows come home even though no-one really cares anyway.

yea yea yea enough bitching already. I know I know! 

I am feeling a bit better today and as I sit here trying to figure out what I want to do with myself today what I actually realize is I want to eat. A LOT!!! I haven't eaten much in a few days and I am famished. But without a vehicle and add to that being sick for the better part of a week I clearly haven't done any food shopping. So the cupboards are a bit lacking. I sit here and think and think and think.....
Eureka!!! I have an idea. I have crescent rolls... and cinnamon.. and sugar..and butter...and I know if I put those ingredients in my trusty internet search I will find a yummy recipe to make myself (ok and the hellions er kiddos) a yummy treat. 
Here is what I found Cinnamon Crescent Twists and they are OH MY GOSH deliciousness. Heavenly!!

There ya have it. They were yummy and they are all gone. I will definitely be making more of those. That recipe is going in my book. ;)

Thats it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment